December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!!

It's been awhile I know. I feel bad for not having posted more often, but it's been a wild ride of the end of the year. I had to make all my Christmas cards (pic to follow of my favorite Christmas card made this year) and then my sister came in town for Christmas and every waking minute was spent with her and my parents, that is when I wasn't working!
That pretty much catches us up to today, a most amazing day. Today wasn't a special day, it was a pretty regular day but it was spent alongside a 7 year old friend of mine, Thomas Kennedy. He has been a big part of my life ever since he was born, but lately, I haven't had a ton of time spent with just him, so today was a great day!

We went to IHOP to have lunch with Mom and Dad and he amazed me with his most excellent conversational skills and reading!! I was in shock at how well he was reading!! We then made a stop at the grocery store to prepare for the nights activities. We made a Pizza from Publix pizza dough. Rolled it and topped it with sauce and mozzarella cheese and thick cut pepperoni (that was Thomas' decision and it was perfect!!). We also got sprinkles to go with the cupcake ingredients we had at home to make and ice cupcakes!! He had me cracking up the whole time we were in the grocery store. He has really grown!!

We went home to play the one thing I know he was dying to play. Super Mario Bros for the Wii!!! He is pretty good at it, but his commentary during play is great. I don't think I have ever had that much fun playing a video game!! We then got treated to a fireworks display off my back deck and that was pretty cool!! At one point it was quite a professional looking fireworks show (I think they hit their finale at that moment!!)

I haven't felt this relaxed in a long time. I'm really grateful for the day I got to spend with Thomas. He is growing up to be a great little man! Tomorrow should be fun too! We are making breakfast for Joe!! Pancakes, grits, eggs, bacon, and roasted potatoes!! He is quite the helper too!!
So, my sister who has been a vegetarian for the better part of my life, has started eating meat. Today was her first day ordering a meal that the main course was MEAT! She has been eating bites for the last couple months, but today she ate her first Burger in 18 years from In-N-Out in San Francisco!! Strange, but exciting for her at the same time, cause I know how much fun it is to try something new!! Here's to 2010 Erin!!!


So, in light of this change in my sister I'm going to use that as motivation to start my 2010 off with trying new things. I love cooking but I get stuck in my rut of meals I know, and well love to make, but I'm sure Joe and I really would like to try new things. So I'm going to cook one new recipe a week and also bake one new thing a week!! I really like to do both, and would love to stop eating freezer pizzas (however delicious they might be) and eat food I cooked. I would love to stop eating fast food, and eat delicious leftovers for lunches!! So keep a lookout for recipes and pictures to come!

I'd also like to take one of my days off a week and spend it crafting. I want to make more projects as well as make cards for all the holidays and I most definitely want to finish my wedding scrapbook!! It's started off so lovely, I can't wait to see where it goes from here. Oh and there is the poor honeymoon scrapbook that I have started and have to finish... See I need to make sure I spend that one day a week in that amazing craft room I share with my Mom! So stay tuned for pictures of those as well!!
I hope everyone has a safe and Happy New Year!!! I hope 2010 brings everyone more good than bad, more fun than boredom and more love and happiness than ever before!!
Happy New Year!
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to all the Russells!!!!

    I loved the pictures - your pizza and the cupcakes look delicious. I want to try one of those pizzas now too.

    And I love the picture of Erin and the burger - she looks like she's enjoying it.

    I'd love you to spend more time in the craft room. Your creativity inspires me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I'm so glad my meat-eating is inspiring you to try new recipes! I'll try to come up with some good ones for you to try.

    Though I am sorry to say that this was not my first meal ordering a meat main course--I got steak at Ray's the Steaks a few weeks ago. It was only 6 ounces, and I only ate half, but still...

    I know I still need to catch you up on my trip, but fyi, the day we arrived in SF, Jack and I split a whole roast chicken. And yes, I ate my full half. Jack was impressed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear about the trip! I'll call you tomorrow!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete