January 5, 2010

Risotto, my 2nd love!!

It was probably an accident that I first tried Risotto. It doesn't sound like something I would like. It is a main dish with items mixed in. That is a big risk for a non-risk taking eater. I'm ever thankful for that first taste of Risotto. It's creamy, cheesy, wine infused state it by far the most heavenly thing I've ever eaten.



Tonight I tried a new recipe involving... Risotto. I make Drunken Risotto with Sausage and Spinach! This recipe came courtesy of the Rachel Ray magazine! Shocker, but made my year's subscription SUPER worth it!!

I think my hardest part was cooking the sausage. First of all I couldn't find loose sausage, so I had to open regular sausages... Not my idea of fun! That skin is not meant to be removed, nor seen. I also apparently heated the pan too hot because I began being attacked by grease splatters. OUCH!

It was so much fun to cook! I'm really a fan of watching the Risotto grow with each ladle of liquid added. I feel like a real chef! It really an amazing feeling. I think everyone should make at least one Risotto in their life!

The best part about eating it though, it certainly the taste. All of the flavors are finished off in the end with butter and Romano cheese! Wow that is just tastes like heaven!

Joe, my loving husband, was kind enough to try the Risotto I made tonight and unfortunately he was not a fan, though fortunately for me that just means I got to finish off his bowl and I have plenty of leftovers for lunch tomorrow! I'm already counting down the hours til I get to eat lunch tomorrow.

I realize this might make me sound like a crazy person who is in love with a dish that isn't sure if it's Rice or Pasta, but believe me it's such a rewarding dish I can't even explain it! The power you feel making it and the amazing flavors YOU created, THAT's worth talking about!


Happy Day and Happy Eating!


Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Looks good! Google won't let me paste in the link to the recipe Jack and I used, but it's a Giada recipe with red wine and peas. You could substitute something for the peas, I'm sure.

    You'll have to make me risotto next time I'm in town (or next time you are up here!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Joe is my first love! I'd love to make you Risotto anytime, though I won't ever put peas in it! That would not make it taste good.

    ReplyDelete